Monday, September 10, 2007

Thing 22 (i'm almost done!)

I just looked over Netlibrary and Overdrive...more places to register my name...I guess if I was lonely I would love soooo many people and places to know me...but actually, I prefer to remain as anonymous as possible.

I did enjoy seeing some of the titles available. It's nice to see such a wide range of topics and titles...YA, Fiction, Nonfiction. I just wish it were all available without registering...I know they need to know who is using their site...it helps with advertisers and such. It would be great if TumbleBooks got as many titles on their site...all you need to access them is your library card!

I guess I'm not approaching alot of the technology with the right frame of mind. I am going to be the mean old lady who hates anything new...I'll yell at the neighborhood kids when their ball lands in my yard...I'll get mad when I go to the store and have to use the self-checkouts...I'll leave my new answering machine my grandkids bought me in the box because I'm afraid to try and use it...you know basically behave like my Grandma Edna.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi Paige,

Well, on Overdrive you don't need your name or an account, just your library card number (and your email address if you want to be notified for a hold)....

Though you might like this: 50+ Web 2.0 sites for book lovers:
http://mashable.com/2007/09/08/books-toolbox/

Where in the world are you?

My World Visitor Profile Map