Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Podcasts

I just looked at Yahoo podcasts. I found a few podcasts that were interesting...Classic Books Alive, BigStoryTime.com, and Children's Radio. Classic Books is currently reading Huck Finn chapter by chapter. BigStoryTime has children's books read by a 5 year old and his friends...they do a great job. Children's Book Radio is ok. I thought they would just read a story, but it also has interviews with authors. More geared toward adults than children. I find these podcasts interesting...I think the library can use podcasts when it comes to storytimes. We could upload our weekly storytimes, infant, toddler and older, and then have it linked from our county library website. (Hmmmm...I wonder who would get tasked with this job...)

1 comment:

kdf_333 said...

yeah! when are you children's librarians going to do the podcasts? i think they would be awesome!

Where in the world are you?

My World Visitor Profile Map