Monday, November 5, 2007

LATI

Ok, once again I find myself in a situation where I must be positive about something I would rather not do. Not because it isn't relevant, but since I have worked within the library system for a number of years, (not just in MD, but also in Las Vegas and in PA) I feel I am well versed in a number of the areas in which we are being "learned". I will say that my reference skills are not as strong as they could be, but only because as a children's librarian, I am not asked questions that require too many indepth or specialized resources. So I guess it is good that I am required to learn more about information sources.

I am also not an enthusiastic blogger...so bear with me. Who cares what I think? Not even my husband wants my every thought.

I am excited by my LATI project. It is an extension of an early literacy grant I worked on last year called Words on Wheels (WoW!). I will be choosing 100 children picture book titles and placing a label on the inside front cover of the book listing 3 parent/child activities to do as well as a question the parent can ask the child once the book has been read. I am hoping that this project will reach a broad spectrum of patrons that utilize our library. Texas has a similar program called 2x2. They started it a few years ago and every year they add 20 more titles to their list.

No comments:

Where in the world are you?

My World Visitor Profile Map